In and Around Habarana
Habarana, the closest town to Far Cry, is the gateway to the Ancient Cities and Wild Life Parks of the North-Central province of Sri Lanka. If you are inclined to venture further afield from our green paradise, you will have many fascinating destinations to choose from:
- The ancient monastic complex of Ritigala (20 mts)
- The Minneriya and Kaudulla National Parks (30 mts) an Wilpattu National Park (1 ½ Hrs) for elephant and bird watching. Leopards and Bears are a speciality of Wilpattu.
- The Sigiriya Rock & Dambulla Cave Temple (30 mts) for their world famous frescoes.
- Popham’s Arboretum (30 minutes) which inspired the forestry of Far Cry.
- The Ruined Cities of Anuradhapura and Mihintale (30 mts) and Polonnaruwa (50 mts).
- The majestic beauty of the Kalawewa – Balaluwewa reservoirs, and the Aukana Buddha Statue (50 mts)
- The port city of Trincomalee (1 ½ Hours) for whale watching and great seafood.
We would be happy to plan and arrange itineraries and transport for your excursions.